Harry Potter cookies Recipe in Hogwarts colors
Harry Potter cookies with the face of your favorite Harry Potter characters are magical, but why not bring the magic level even further by making them colorful.
With this recipe, you can bake Harry Potter cookies with the color of the four Hogwarts houses.
Ingredients (35 cookies):
- 2 mixing bowls
- 2 ½ Cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup butter
- ¾ Cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 eggs
- Gel food coloring
- In a big mixing bowl, combine 2 ½ cups of flour, 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of baking soda. Use a whisk to mix them well and even. Put aside.
- Add 1 cup of butter and ¾ cup of sugar. Beat until combined and creamy
- Add eggs and vanilla extract if you have it.
- Add the dry ingredients. Incorporate everything well with a whisk.
Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty. You will find the mixing way easier if you are rather new to baking.
- Once your dough is formed, you can divide it into 4 equal sections.
Use 1 drop of gel food coloring for each section: red, yellow, green & blue, representing the 4 Hogwarts houses.
Knead the color into the dough.
- On a floured baking sheet, roll out your dough to around x inch thick.
- Use the Characters cookie cutters and cut away. Don’t forget to press slightly to get your favorite Harry Potter characters’ faces on the dough.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180F for 8 – 10 mins.