Slytherin green velvet cupcakes recipe
Hello Potterhead. Here comes an amazing Chocolate cupcake recipe from our talented friend Lene. Check out her blog for more mouth-watering recipes.
A little tip from Lene to adapt the recipe to other Hogwarts houses
She used green food coloring to show Slytherin house pride, but you can use red or blue if you are a Gryffindor or Ravenclaw. If you happen to a Hufflepuff, you should leave out the cocoa and use yellow food coloring.
You will find the ingredients you need below. You can also get your Harry Potter baking cups here.
- 100 g butter, room temperature
- 125 g sugar
- 1½ tsp. vanilla sugar
- 2 eggs, size M/L, room temperature
- 160 g sour cream
- ½ tsp. green food coloring
- 150 g all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- 1 tbsp. dark cocoa
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- confectioner’s sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 175° C (regular oven, not fan assisted) and line a muffin tin with 12 baking cups.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add sour cream and food coloring and beat again.
- Sift all dry ingredients together in a bowl, so that there are no lumps of cocoa or raising agents. Mix well. Fold the dry ingredients into the batter with a spatula. Do not whisk or overmix, because you will end up with heavy, compact cupcakes.
- Spoon the batter into the 12 baking cups. Bake the Slytherin green velvet cupcakes for 20-22 minutes. A wooden skewer will come out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 5 minutes, before you remove them from the pan and let them cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Sprinkle your cupcakes with confectioner’s sugar and add the little house flags.